Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > kinds of programming (online or offline)
kinds of programming (online or offline)

2491 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-22 14:47:24

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84
    2015-04-22 14:01:23
    Guys, important question please which is really confUsing me.. I underatand that programming can be done online and offline. Good now what I need to know is in which cases we need the online programming and in which cases an offline programming is enough ?!!!!

For example, today I changed a tire pressure sensor for 2005 jeep, then I programmed it by my Maxysis pro and ofcourse its an offline programming which took a few seconds.. Then I saw PCM programming option on this 2005 jeep, if I replaced the PCM and need to program it with the vehicle vin do I need internet or I can do it offline ?!!!

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-04-22 14:47:24 (Reply to:Champ84)

JTEC and SBEC controllers are done offline, all you need is VIN to be programmed with scanner (JTECs have three connector sockets, SBECs have two). Newer NGS controllers have to be done online as they come blank if new, VIN writing is also required. (NGC controllers have four connector sockets). If  NGC is installed from an used vehicle, then you can do it offline, just change VIN and relearn Immobilizer if equipped, but you might need more than a scanner to do it. For Chrysler/Dodge, Drewtech's J2534 and Toolbox software lets you change VIN and reset Immo on used PCMs/ECMs, but Toolbox won't do it on newer vehicles with CAN protocol. You could avoid the immobilizer hassle if you buy them new. 
  Total1 Pages